Can I be a TEFL teacher without a degree?
You can teach English abroad without a degree
If you have TEFL certification and are willing to teach in one of the amazing countries we’ve listed here, or even if you prefer to go down the volunteering or internship route, there is absolutely no reason why not having a degree should stop you!
How can I work in Thailand without a degree?
While having a degree offers you the ability to make more money and have a better choice of schools, but you can work in Thailand without a degree. A degree isn’t necessary as long as you are able to read, write, speak English and earn a TEFL certification from a well known TEFL provider like Pro TEFL.
What countries can you teach TEFL without a degree?
Where can you teach abroad without a degree
- Cambodia. Teaching jobs in Cambodia can have you earning money while you travel ASAP. …
- Costa Rica. …
- Brazil. …
- Greece. …
- Spain. …
- Romania. …
- Mexico. …
What qualifications do I need to teach English in Thailand?
Requirements for Teaching English in Thailand
- A four-year diploma in any major (bachelor’s degree or higher)
- To be a native English speaker (NES) OR a non-native English speaker (NNES) with a TOEIC score of 600+ or IELTS score of 5+
- To pass a police background check in your home country.
- To pass a simple health check.
How much do TEFL teachers make?
How much do TEFL teachers earn? ESL teacher salaries greatly vary depending on where you’re teaching. A teacher’s salary can be as little as $600 USD per month to as much as $4,000 USD!
What are the requirements for TEFL?
TEFL certificate entry requirements
- Minimum education requirements for online TEFL course: High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum education requirements for in-person TEFL course: Bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of English profiency for non-native speakers.
- Scan of government ID.
- Written application and essay.
How much do English teachers earn in Thailand?
An ESL teacher salary in Thailand is typically between 30-40,000 Thai Baht per month (around $1,000), however some schools may start lower.
Do you need to speak Thai to teach English in Thailand?
Apart from a teaching certificate and bachelor’s degree, you’ll need to be fluent in English and have a clean criminal record if you want to teach English in Thailand. Some schools may also request that you have previous teaching experience.
How much does it pay to teach English in Thailand?
How Much Money Can You Make Teaching English in Thailand? Most new teachers in Thailand find a job that pays around $1,000 a month, which should be enough to cover your basic living expenses, especially outside of the larger cities like Bangkok.
Is the TEFL course difficult?
Generally speaking TEFL is not hard to pass. Face-to-face courses generally have interviews and strict admission requirements so if it is not likely to complete or pass the course, they will not be admitted in the first place.
Can you teach English abroad with just a TEFL?
Yes. Schools in countries the world over will hire you to teach English abroad without a college degree if you have an accredited TEFL certification. Numerous destinations throughout South America, and some in Europe and Asia, will hire you to teach English abroad without a 4-year degree.
Which country is best to teach English?
The Best Countries To Teach English Abroad
- South Korea. South Korea has one of the largest English teaching markets in the world. …
- Japan. Japan has one of the longest traditions when it comes to hiring English teachers. …
- China. China’s English teaching market is also flourishing. …
- Thailand. …
- Czech Republic. …
- Saudi Arabia. …